STEP INTO THE SPOLIGHT!
Today’s audiences crave dynamic performances that stand out. As an artist, you want to connect with your fans and take your moment in the spotlight. The AX-Edge builds on decades of refinement and learning from artists the world over about what makes the ultimate performance synthesizer.
The AX-Edge has a sleek, modern design with a customizable look via interchangeable Edge Blades, 49 full-sized keys, and a sound set crafted specifically for keytarists. And throughout the AX-Edge, you’ll find thoughtful design features that give you the freedom and confidence to truly express yourself on stage.
Give Your Stage Presence the Edge
Stage presence is everything, and you work hard to develop your image as a solo performer or band. The AX-Edge is designed to not only look stunning on stage, but also to match your own unique style.
From Stage-Ready Classics to Custom-Made Tones
We didn’t cram generic preset sounds into the AX-Edge—it has a curated sound set driven by our latest technology. The onboard sounds are optimized for stage performance to produce sounds that cut through, even in a loud band.
Take Control of Your Performance - with Both Hands
Unlike keyboardists who perform behind a traditional keyboard rig, keytar players know the thrill of tearing it up right in front of their adoring fans. And when your moment comes, the AX-Edge gives you the hands-on control to nail your performance, giving it subtle nuance or over-the-top intensity.
The Stage-Ready, Performance-Focused Powerhouse
As a gigging keyboard player, a lot can fall on your shoulders. You cover lots of different sounds and parts, often acting as the backbone of a performance and filling in any gaps. With this reality in mind, the AX-Edge has thoughtful performance features that aid you in the heat of battle.
While they may not stand out as much as its striking good looks and killer sound set, the AX-Edge has several convenient features that greatly expand its usability for today’s keytarist.
• 49 full-sized keys with velocity and channel aftertouch
• 4 parts + vocoder with mic Input
• 320 programs and over 500 preset tones for keytarists
• 79 types of part multi-effects and part EQ, 79 types of program multi-effects, chorus, reverb, master compressor, and master EQ
• Tone Remain function switches sounds seamlessly without unnatural sound cutoff
• Ribbon controller, modulation bar, and assignable controls for expressive performance
• Up to 4 hours of battery-powered* operation; can also be powered via AC adaptor*Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries only.
• *Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries only.
• Bluetooth MIDI and editor app for wireless sound customization
• Weighs just 9 lb. 5 oz./4.2 kg (without batteries)
• Available in black and white models with removable Edge Blade for custom look
• One extra Edge Blade included to complement your AX-Edge model
• Audio file playback via external USB memory
• Master MIDI controller functionality for remote operation of sound modules, plug-ins, and more
• Dual display system optimized for live performance
• Optional ST-AX2 stand provides stable support when the instrument is not in use
• 49keys (with velocity and channel aftertouch)
• 4parts + Vocoder part
• User Program: 320
• Preset Tone: Over 500
• User Tone: 256
• Part Multi-effects: 79types
• Program Multi-effects (IFX): 79 types
• Chorus: 8types
• Reverb: 6 types
• Master Compressor
• Master EQ
• Song Player
• MIDI Master Keyboard
• Sound Edit
* You can use the smartphone AX-Edge Editor app (Android version/iOS version) to edit the AX-Edge's sounds.
• Modulation Bar
• Assignable Control knob
• Master Volume knob
• Assignable buttons x 7
• MIDI:Bluetooth Ver. 4.1 (Bluetooth LE)
• 16characters 2 line LCD
• (3x 7) segment LED
• External Storage Device
• USBflash drive
• PHONES jack: stereo 1/4-inch phone type
• OUTPUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
• MIC INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
• PEDAL jack
• MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
• USB MEMORY port
• USB COMPUTER port (supports USB MIDI)
• DC IN jack
• DC 9 V: AC adaptor or rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) (sold separately) x8
* Battery life for continuous use (differs depending on the conditions of use)
• Rechargeable nickel metal hydride batteries: approximately 4 hours
* Carbon-zinc or alkaline batteries cannot be used
• Owner's manual
• Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
• AC adaptor
• Power cord
• Blade panel (including Hex key, screws)
• Ferrite core (including Band for fastening the core)
Options (sold separately)
• AX-Edge stand (ST-AX2)
• Pedal switch: DP series
• Expression pedal: EV-5
Size and Weight
• Width 1,252 mm; 49-5/16 inches
• Depth 291 mm; 11-1/2 inches
• Height 85 mm; 3-3/8 inches
• Weight (excluding AC adaptor, Batteries)4.2 kg; 9 lbs. 5 oz.